Thursday 30 August 2018

Determination

Sometimes, when you speak, you feel your words are hitting against a wall and disappearing in space. Have you felt that? I guess when we were growing up, such things happened all the time. The words of elders or even friends just went over the heads. Of course, words are airy. They escape. Unfortunately, the feelings they inspire do not disappear that easily. And therein lays the core issue. We live and relive the feelings. And instead of examining why these feelings came up, we start to blame the words spoken by the opposite person. No one is to blame. Feelings come out of a certain negative perception.
But actually, feeling a certain way is always a choice YOU make. And so, you can make a choice every morning by looking into the mirror and saying "I love you" to yourself and that " I am happy “. " I am going to have a great day". And smile widely at yourself.
I know sometimes, you just wake up not feeling good. People ask me, “if I don't feel happy, how can I say I am happy?" True. Very human but ironically, these are moments you should say this more and more to change the mind. We tend to give up too easily. "CAN'T" looms very large in our vocabulary, inspired by an inability or helplessness. How much we must overcome and how much we need to work to overcome to hit the straight road to growth can turn off many. Too much work. But then, this path is for the passionately determined because it is not a tangible path.
Surekha Kothari

surekhakothari.wordpress.com

Speakingtree Blog: www.speakingtree.in/public/surekhakothari

No comments:

Post a Comment