Tuesday 12 February 2019

The quality of the gifts


"Can love be measured by the hours in the day?" This line from the song from the movie "Love Story" is one of the most beautiful lines I have heard. Can love be measured, period? What is its measure, in any relationship?
Is it the amount of time spent together? Is it the number of gifts exchanged the quality of the gifts? Maybe, branded gifts as a measure of love? Or, daily calls? ... I don't know. All these seem to be very important today.
I wonder if empty hands but a heart full of love would suffice? Would it show in the warmth of affection in my eyes? In my smile that lights up my face? In my bear hug greeting in my travelling miles to be with someone on a special day. In the pain I feel ....or if my day starts and ends with someone.
I wonder at how people judge you and consider you fit for their friendship or love. What would be that criteria?
I wonder how people measure love in its many forms. How many forms do they see? How many are they able to see? And how do they interpret what they see.
I wonder.......all the time.... why there is no common benchmark for love which can sustain the peace and togetherness on this earth.
Surekha Kothari

surekhakothari.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment