Tuesday 23 June 2020

Recreation

I love this phase in which I have finally found the desired balance between work and recreation. Everything has been a lesson and everyone I have met has held a mirror before me. And I am so grateful that the realization has been sweeping in slowly and steadily.
Happy is the mind that accepts what it cannot change instead of wallowing in meaningless agony. Move on! You are a unique soul even if people don’t view you or themselves as such.
Eckhart Tolle says suffering is self generated. A hundred percent true when you actually reach that point. And no arguments are left over in the bag of doubts.
What stops you from being happy people situations and reactions? What? Think and you will realize that YOU can’t handle what life presents. If you understand that often , in life, you have to get used to long jump, high jump, hitting the ball right ( sometimes wrong) and all this is just competing with yourself and bettering your last performance, you will automatically start getting cleansed from all those polluted mindsets that keep you in a whirlpool of negatives where you are just playing the blame game and pointing fingers at life, at everyone but never at yourself.
Whereas, everything begins and ends with the self and in the self. Ghalib’s words translated:
When I didn’t know my own mental state, I blamed the whole world. But the day I perceived my shortcomings, there was no one left to criticize.
My worst “enemy “may be my best friend within my soul group.
Surekha Kothari

surekhakothari.wordpress.com

Speakingtree Blog: www.speakingtree.in/public/surekhakothari

No comments:

Post a Comment