Wednesday 27 April 2016

Encouragement

In the 19th century, the famous artist Dante was visited by an old man. He wanted to show his paintings to Dante and get his opinion on where he stood as an artist. After looking at all the paintings, Dante said, "I am sorry but these paintings are mediocre”
Hearing this, the man took out another lot of paintings to show him. This time, there was excitement in Dante’s voice as he eulogized about them and asked where the artist was.
The man said, "Sir, I am the artist of these as well...in my younger days. If I had received similar words of encouragement and praise, I would have been a well known artist like you.
Moral: It is very important to encourage and appreciate talent.
2nd moral: Don't wait for endorsements. Be your own benchmark.

Surekha Kothari

surekhakothari.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment