Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Knowledge

It would be surprising if anyone did not change with time and experiences. However, there are exceptions to every rule.

To my mind, those who don’t change are holding on to the past, consumed by their ego and do not learn the lessons that come to them on a daily basis.

It is easy to advise others but very difficult to ACT on your own advice.

Observing yourself will make you smile often at yourself and your actions, knowing that they were quite meaningless. And we indulged in them nevertheless. When we target others, we also become victims to our own misdeeds. And this knowledge can cure us forever and keep us from any kind of conflict.

I certainly would not want my anger to corrode into ME when I am venting. But it does come back to me. AND harms me. Likewise, why would I project ANY negative emotion if I knew that the outcome would be damaging for me?

It just doesn’t seem to make sense.  We do have to make our mistakes to learn the lessons. But after that, it would be foolish if we think we have a choice and so, need not learn the lessons.

Surekha Kothari

surekhakothari.wordpress.com

www.instagram.com/author_surekhakothari/

No comments:

Post a Comment